“… No one of all the sentiments with which we are governed is so productive of happiness as Philanthropy.” – Josiah F. Kennedy, Class of 1855
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) provides an opportunity for students to learn and educate their peers about the importance of philanthropy, and to lead engagement activities that enhance students’ understanding and raise support for the Dickinson Fund throughout the academic year. Members represent Dickinson with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and school spirit.
Throughout the year, the Student Alumni Association hosts and attends events to increase awareness about giving to Dickinson. Those events include:
- Charter Day
- Activities Fair
- Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Day of Giving: an annual day dedicated to raising awareness and support for the Dickinson Fund via social media outreach and on-campus programming
- A Day to Thank: an annual day dedicated to thanking alumni, parents and other community members who have supported the Dickinson Fund
- New member recruitment/selection event(s)
- Networking events with the Alumni Council and the Board of Trustees
Why get involved?
- Enhance personal and leadership skills
- Enjoy community involvement through volunteerism
- Celebrate the college's legacy by promoting tradition
- Learn about the importance of giving back to your alma mater and help your fellow students through raising funds for the Dickinson Fund
- Bolster connections with Dickinson alumni and trustees
How do I learn more?
Contact Kate Dunbar in the Office of Engagement & the Dickinson Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Day of Giving?
Day of Giving?
Photo courtesy of Kate Hoffman.?