College Closedown info from Dickinson Sponsored Projects Office (SPO)
Expectations for Faculty Principal Investigators (PIs) on Externally Funded Projects
(NSF, NIH, NEH, NEA, NASA, etc.)
If you are the Principal Investigator of a grant and you anticipate that your grant deliverables will be delayed by offsite work, please contact your Program Officer immediately to let them know of your work plan adjustments and CC the Director of Sponsored Projects: email@example.com on the communication. Glen will make sure that Ben Sweger and Jolene Rabena are aware. Additionally, please prepare a brief explanation of the delay for your next progress report. The explanation should outline the alternative work completed and your plan for accomplishing the original deliverables.
If you are planning to submit a grant, SPO will continue to submit proposals while working remotely. If you have questions, just send us an email. I you need to chat, just leave us a phone number where you can be reached. All new grant applications should go through the usual review process including the routing of the Internal Clearance Form. As usual, information useful to submitting a proposal is available on our website: http://www.afrikaar.com/info/20276/corporate_foundation_and_government_support/1932/sponsored_projects_office_spo,
What We Do
We seek governmental and foundation funding to support faculty members' scholarly research, sabbaticals and fellowships. We serve as liaison between faculty and numerous governmental funding entities such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and others. We offer many types of pre-award assistance:
- developing proposal concepts
- searching for funding resources
- assisting with all phases of proposal preparation including creation of budgets, editing and proofreading
- ensuring compliance with regulations on federal and other grants
- submitting proposals via various electronic systems
- assisting with routine and final reporting
Who We Are
Director of Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance
Phone: 717-245-1165; Toll Free: (800) 543-3809.
Office: South College Room 103A
Associate Director of Sponsored Projects
Phone: 717-254-8911; Toll Free: (800) 543-3809.
Office: South College Room 107
- The Office of Financial Operations (Jolene Rabena) handles the post-award financial management of grant awards.
- The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (Cheryl Kremer) manages foundation and corporate grant-seeking.
How to Find Us!
The Sponsored Projects Office is located in South College, Rooms 103A and 107. Download an illustrated campus map with building key in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.